Abstentions and Disqualifications – Conflicts of Interest and When One Must or Should Step-Aside
It can be difficult for public officials to determine when to abstain from the decision-making process. This webinar discussed:
- What financial interests and other conflicts of interest disqualify an official from participating in, or influencing, the decision-making process;
- Guidelines for deciding when to abstain; and
- What to do if you abstain or disqualify yourself from the process.
- Nina Doherty, Burke Williams & Sorensen
- Christina Burrows, Burke Williams & Sorensen
- Shelline Bennett, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore